Shampoo and Facial Creams

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to use all-natural ingredients too but I compromise a little with face and hand creams out of necessity. You need an emulsifier (I use E-wax), probably a thickener (I use cetearyl alcohol) and definitely a preservative. I use a Geogard, which has high eco-credentials, rather than a paraben-based one, which means the cream stays good for about 9-12 months rather than indefinitely (!) but my customers like that I put a Best Before data as they recognise it's got far fewer harsh chemicals in it than the shop-bought alternatives.

I like to use all-natural ingredients too but I compromise a little with face and hand creams out of necessity. You need an emulsifier (I use E-wax), probably a thickener (I use cetearyl alcohol) and definitely a preservative. I use a Geogard, which has high eco-credentials, rather than a paraben-based one, which means the cream stays good for about 9-12 months rather than indefinitely (!) but my customers like that I put a Best Before data as they recognise it's got far fewer harsh chemicals in it than the shop-bought alternatives.
Optiphen plus is not paraben based :)
Geogard ultra is a preservative in question.. read the comment on this post, please or test your products. The Ph is off in it, and lotions, serums fail after 6 months.
http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/2010/10/preservatives-geogard-ultra.html

Last edited:
I got it from the Soap Kitchen: info link it's now labelled as Phenoxyethanol EHG rather than Euxyl PE 9010, £4.65 for 100ml. It looks like it's a little cheaper than Mystic Moments (and it does seem to be the same thing, as the active ingredients are the same) :-D

Latest posts

Back