Very naughty fragrance!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiddlyO

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1408449806.742689.jpg

I can't seem to do anything right lately! I've been waiting for this fragrance for days and today it arrived so I made a lovely batch of swirly soap only to notice the fragrance oil sitting on the counter where I had left it..... So I whipped up another batch, this time remembering to add my oil, only to have it immediately turn to rice. I did what I could, but it's going to be ugly if it can be used at all.

It's Marc Jacobs Bang (type). It's my favourite man smell for my husband and this was supposed to be for him. Now he has one handsome unscented soap and one loaf of smelly oil-porridge. Boo.

I would probably throw it in a crockpot and give it a cook it would probably bring it together a bit more. I hate when fragrances misbehave. Otherwise just let it sit and see what it does. You may end up with free oils from the look of it. It may not look good but it may be a good soap just the same.

You might try gently reheating it in a low oven or in a crockpot and then try to stick blend it back into smoothness and back into the mold.

Wow! That one needs posting to the ugly soap thread, it's a doozy! I agree with the posters so far that you might try a gentle rebatch/rewarm. How frustrating a day of soaping was that? :( (Can we see the pretty swirly one too?)

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1408469429.997495.jpg

Here they are cut. I didn't want to rebatch if I didn't have to, and it may still be alright. It smells lovely and peppery!

Will add to the ugly soap thread - it deserves to be there!

oh, see I shouldn't comment before the cut photos! it's not nearly as ugly on the inside, and it seems just a thin top layer of ugh! :) The slice in the back looks pretty funky though! The close one looks like a full moon over a boreal forest. Not as ugly as the top hinted it could be at all!

It may have stared off ugly, but it looks good in the cut pics, very manly looking colors. Love the other one too even if it is unscented, both came out nice.

What you can't see very well is the river of glycerin (t least it looks like glycerin!). The colours are all weird because I had to quickly alternate between stick mixing the black and the white to break up the ricing, so there are mottled bits of black in what was supposed to be white, and I didn't have time to even start off the red clay. It does look masculine though I guess, and if the scent sticks around I will be satisfied.

I just want to make a nice well behaving soap now! :)

I quite like the mottled effect. Another case where the problem is the difference between what you wanted and what you got, while I just see what you got (and quite like it!) :)

I wish you success with a well-behaved batch!

Latest posts

Back