Fragrance Oil Review Chart Link

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this and posted a few reviews for FOs from WSP. Dirt, which I love, and Coffee Bean, which morphed in two batches and I tossed the rest of the bottle.

Nice resource, thanks. My only question is: Why isn't there a column for the fragrance percent used?
That's the biggest problem I run into, not using enough I can barely smell, after curing.

Because everyone's nose is different. I don't mind giving the rate I used, but I know it will be too much for some folks and not enough for others.

In reading a recent thread that you started about the issue of fragrances that seem too weak or fade too fast, it seemed to me that your nose might well be less sensitive than most people's. I doubt you'd be happy with the rates others are using.

Just sent a request to edit so I can add some reviews. :)

As have I.

Changing permissions is clearly the spreadsheet owner's prerogative, but it seems to me the usefulness of this kind of document is predicated on the input of as many FO users as possible. Perhaps someone was routinely deleting columns without knowing it...

Nice resource, thanks. My only question is: Why isn't there a column for the fragrance percent used?
That's the biggest problem I run into, not using enough I can barely smell, after curing.

I try to remember to put in the amount I used, though I tend think in terms of tablespoons PPO vs %. Many people will put an estimate of quantity in the notes section.

The more the merrier. I have never had to enter a password or anything -- just access the spreadsheet and edit. I have worried a bit about someone trashing things out of spite or ignorance. Frequent backups would be good!

I'm not sure if the sheet is being worked on but I went in just now to add/update a review for Bramble Berry and it seems that a lot of the rows are missing as I only see rows 21, 77, 105, and a few more but not the full list that I remember and I'm not given the option to unhide anything.

I've always in the past used essential oils but just bought several fragrances from MMS. I do not know how much to add to a batch. They seem strong smelling them so I am thinking less than the amount I would add essential oils. I bought, Eucalptus/Spearmint, Earth, Bergamot/Chamomile, Lavender/Flowers. Anyone have experience with them. I can't believe I bought the fragrance Euc/Mint when I have both the essential oils on hand. Oh well, any help would be great. They do have a calculator but haven't seem reviews on them.

I've always in the past used essential oils but just bought several fragrances from MMS. I do not know how much to add to a batch. They seem strong smelling them so I am thinking less than the amount I would add essential oils. I bought, Eucalptus/Spearmint, Earth, Bergamot/Chamomile, Lavender/Flowers. Anyone have experience with them. I can't believe I bought the fragrance Euc/Mint when I have both the essential oils on hand. Oh well, any help would be great. They do have a calculator but haven't seem reviews on them.

I can only speak for my products. I generally at 5-6% (1 oz ppo). My customers like strong smelling soap. If doing bath and body I usually use 1-2% Make sure you know the usage rate allowed by checking MMS first.

Their Bergamot&Chamomile is one of my favorites. It is a light scent in soap and it comes back when wet. I pour at 1oz per pound of batter (~6%) but you could go with 1oz ppo. I also have tested the Lavender/Flowers, also poured at ~6%. It is a light lavender floral in the Tassi lavender family as opposed to the French variety. It is nice but I smell some notes that make me think synthetic right away. This could be my nose. You may not smell them at all which would make Lavender Flowers a nice floral FO. Neither discolored or accelerated on me.

Never tried the other 2. I'm curious about Earth. Let us know how you like it.

Thank you I'll go medium to strong and let you know how they turned out. I did try the Lavender flowers in a small lotion bottle and it was pleasant. Like you though I think I smell synthetic.

Back