Preparing scented candles at home!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosemaria

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Well, It’s my husband’s birthday and I’m planning to set up a candle light dinner at home. I’ve decided on the menu and gifts etc, but I couldn’t find any good scented candles in any of the local stores. I checked online also but not sure how it would smell, so dropped that plan as well. In the end, I decided to make some on my own. I checked online and found a blog by Flowers Canada having easy steps to prepare scented candles at home. Since I am a first timer, I wanted to if there are any tips or things to keep in mind. Also, how long does this process take? Thanks for your suggestions !!

Hi everyone,
Well, It’s my husband’s birthday and I’m planning to set up a candle light dinner at home. I’ve decided on the menu and gifts etc, but I couldn’t find any good scented candles in any of the local stores. I checked online also but not sure how it would smell, so dropped that plan as well. In the end, I decided to make some on my own. I checked online and found a blog by Flowers Canada having easy steps to prepare scented candles at home. Since I am a first timer, I wanted to if there are any tips or things to keep in mind. Also, how long does this process take? Thanks for your suggestions !!

It takes months or years to learn to make good scented candles. Even if you had the experience there wouldn't be time to do the testing required to design a new candle that is safe, burns well, and throws scent. For a birthday dinner you don't really need scent. Buy unscented candles if you don't like the scented ones and go for ambiance. Aesthetics and atmosphere is the important thing about candles anyway. The rest can be accomplished with a plug in air freshener.

For a birthday dinner you don't really need scent. Buy unscented candles.

I know my own husband would much rather have the wonderful smell of the dinner rather than the scent of candles. A friend who sells candles once cautioned me against using scented ones with a meal. Her point was that the scent of the candles could conflict with the scent of the meal, with unpleasant results.

Thanks for your replies. So I think I should get some normal candles, or even cancel that idea and maybe concentrate more on the food?? :)

rosemaria, even beginners can make container candles. The Soapqueen has good tutorials on making container candles. One important thing to remember with container candles if using glass, is to use containers that are especially made for candles as the heat can cause other glass to break.

http://www.soapqueen.com/tag/candle/

Latest posts

Back