Hello from New York!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberly60

Reaction score
I am brand spanking new at soap making. While traveling through Santa Fe, NM this summer I was invited to a newly made friend's house to learn how to make soap. I just returned home from months on the road and am in the process of purchasing all of the materials I need to make cold-process soap.

My new friend was kind enough to share a lot of information with me to get started and she even shared her special recipe with me. I have been using the soap we made and absolutely love it!

I can't wait to get started and look forward to learning as much as I can here as well as inspiration to get creative once I become more wxperienced.

While traveling through Santa Fe, NM this summer I was invited to a newly made friend's house to learn how to make soap.
Would that new friend's name be Elaine by any chance? In any case, it sounds like you hit the jackpot when it comes to learning to make soap from a soap guru and a generous soul. Enjoy the journey!

Would that new friend's name be Elaine by any chance? In any case, it sounds like you hit the jackpot when it comes to learning to make soap from a soap guru and a generous soul. Enjoy the journey!
Her name is Barbara and I cannot begin to tell how generous she is!

Hey Kimberly and welcome! It's very nice to meet you. :)

You have come to the right place to learn everything there is to know about soap making. This place is full of some of the most friendly and knowledgeable soap makers on the planet.

Hi !My best suggest for a beginner is to grab a notebook, use evernote or whatever you fancy and jot down whatever inspires you. I've been inspired countless times whenever I've gone to the grocery store, farmer's market, at the hardware store, at the beach, etc. Welcome to the addiction!

Back