1st Annual Design The Mold of Your Dreams Competition

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love the following:

Bar molds: 4-5 oz cloud shape (just seconding other requests, not trying to win on this one)
soap on a rope with slit to feed rope in on bottom
Coffee mug mold

Loaf mold: That 2 lb slab mold mentioned above with the slits to slide dividers in.

Bar design: silhouette of RPG figurines (magic user, fighter, cleric, whatever) monsters would also be a plus. Details would be a plus but a generic flat silhouette would be appreciated.

Attached is a figuine example.

Edit:
A link for more figurines

IMG_0516.JPG

Last edited:
I love all the cloud ideas:
The large loaf for 4-5oz bars,
and
the small loaf for imbeds,
and
the individual molds for 4-5 oz 3D bars.

Always love clouds (perhaps because that's where my head is most of the time).

I also love the pot leaf on both sides idea. Have friends who would appreciate such bars.

And I love the 5 sides of honeycomb bar idea!

Shoot, I love most of the ideas already presented.

No original ideas of my own though. At least not practical ideas.:???:

I just had an ancillary sort of idea for silhouette loaf molds, especially something like clouds where ideally they're all rounded all over. An optional lid insert, that fits very snugly and has two or more (depending on loaf length) pouring holes. The inside of the top is curved, so that the finished loaf doesn't have a flat bottom. The edges of the main mold opening and the edges of the top might need to be keyed or slotted so the soap doesn't leak out. You could offer flat lids, too, with assorted patterns embossed on them.

Oh you can't bait us like that... LOL. What impractical ideas do you have?

HA! I had spent the day sorting through 30+ years of Star Trek books and was having visions of a bubbly Enterprise.

Though, perhaps not quite so impractical: how about a mold of the Star Fleet emblem? Something that imbeds could be dropped inti for the varios departments (command star, sciences circle in a circle thingy, etc.). Though we would than need the means to create the imbeds.

See? Probably not very practical. But I will keep dreaming.

Last edited:
HA! I had spent the day sorting through 30+ years of Star Trek books and was having visions of a bubbly Enterprise.

Though, perhaps not quite so impractical: how about a mold of the Star Fleet emblem? Something that imbeds could be dropped inti for the varios departments (command star, sciences circle in a circle thingy, etc.). Though we would than need the means to create the imbeds.

See? Probably not very practical. But I will keep dreaming.

Well then... we are definitely fans of Star Trek, and we'll most certainly be having a discussion about this. Thanks for the suggestion... and never stop dreaming. Dreamers create the world we live in.

Latest posts

Back