Name That Soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not a seller but for some reason, my tired Monday-work-day-brain just thought of this idea for those who sell at markets and the like. Especially for those who like trying out new FOs.

I see a lot of posts about "What should I name my new soapy creation" - but what if you left it up to your customers to decide and made a contest out of it?

You could show up to your market with a "Mystery Soap" and a ballot box. Customers have the chance to give the bar a sniff, come up with a name and write it down on a piece of paper with their name and number.

Choose the name you like best, then the prize could be a bar (or 2 or 3) of that Mystery Soap for the customer who named it!

Anyway, just sounds like it could be fun - if I was a seller I'd definitely try it out. :) Seems like a nice way to get customers involved and giveaways always spark interest!

Last edited:
I like the idea!

If I were to do this when my recipes are approved, I would make the prize a giftwrapped set of one of my lipbalms, one large bathfizzie and the soap in question, all wrapped in cellophane and ribbon. That way they could possibly feel sort of invested, and then spread the word to others as they try out several of the products.

Would made sure to include a business card in there too, with contactinfo and website etc (if aplickable)

Latest posts

Back