colour in kids soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dleonard

Reaction score
what is the best product to use in a kid soap, food colorant or mica powder

MICA! Beautiful in clear soap. I recommend Mad Micas located in FL. They are great, fair and friendly folks :) ImageUploadedBySoap Making1500175342.795481.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1500175514.040156.jpg

shoresoap,
Mad Micas has a wonderful selection. Nice stash of colors you ordered! Have fun making beautiful, sparkly & colorful soap. The bars shown in your photo are lovely! :)

If you are looking for colors without having to order something, check out loose eyeshadow. They are mostly micas and oxides and color CP quite nicely, I imagine they would work fine in m&p.
I went with the cheap .99 powder from the grocery store.

If you are looking for colors without having to order something, check out loose eyeshadow. They are mostly micas and oxides and color CP quite nicely, I imagine they would work fine in m&p.
I went with the cheap .99 powder from the grocery store.

That wasn't my experience. I tried eyeshadow in CP soap one time when I was traveling and the lye pretty much negated the color altogether. Even the one that seemed like it made a faint color, faded completely before the soap was done curing.

Maybe you used different brands. What I used was the cheapest stuff I could find at WalMart.

Back