Inexpensive source for jojoba oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that but I'm a butter girl. Lard is an ingredient I'm not used to so if I did try to use it, 3:1 butter to lard in a recipe to start.

I understand that but I'm a butter girl. Lard is an ingredient I'm not used to so if I did try to use it, 3:1 butter to lard in a recipe to start.

Generally lard isn't a butter replacement (or vice versa). Shortening was designed to replace lard (poorly). So in most recipes I would not replace butter with lard, but I would absolutely replace shortening with lard.

You ARE talking about food recipe and not soap, right?

Generally lard isn't a butter replacement (or vice versa). Shortening was designed to replace lard (poorly). So in most recipes I would not replace butter with lard, but I would absolutely replace shortening with lard.

You ARE talking about food recipe and not soap, right?

Pie crust and maybe biscuits were on my mind. But butter is my friend, especially when coupled with extra virgin olive oil when sauteing.

Soaping on the other hand, I would leave the butter alone. Lard will be my next experiment since I seem to love beef tallow soap.

I use ghee (clarified butter) for my cooking.

For those who may want to know about pricing....after doing calculations, it turned out that BA was cheaper with the 10% discount code and the lower shipping costs than CG.

Latest posts

Back