Cold Process Oven Process

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Larios

Reaction score
I've been hearing a lot of a "cold process, oven process" method was wondering if anyone has tried that and what they think of it.

From my understanding you make your regular cold process soap get it all ready in the molds and all but instead of letting in cure for weeks you can place your mold in the oven and force it to gel and your soap would cure a lot faster. Am I right on the though? Is this something worth trying?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

You are partially right....It's called CPOP....Cold Process/Oven Processed. You make your soap as usual but you put it in a warm oven to gel. It doesn't really lessen the cure time at least in my opinion. My soap gels (though not in the oven as that has been a epic fail for me when I tried it early in my soaping days.) but I still cure them 4-6 weeks before using or selling them. I believe it takes 4-6 weeks to get the best possible bar possible. I'm sure others will pipe in as well.

I've done it and pretty much see it exactly as shunt said. It forces/ensures gel but won't change your cure time. I just hate partial gels so I'll do it to ensure a full gel.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

It also allegedly drives out the water, so if you consider the water reduction component of curing, it does lessen that.

Latest posts

Back