Once again needing some Prayers! Frustrated...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son-in-law has been out of work for 3 weeks now and I am going to go broke supporting them again. My prayers do not seem to be getting him called back into work. The company has not fired or laid him off they just keep putting him on the off list. :-(. Working for Asphalt companies is brutal in so many ways.

On top of that I am losing my good market once again. This one I started after Monrovia and actually do better, at the Kaiser Hospital where the market is. The ***ch rep from the Hospital has decided she does not like crafter's and wants only healthy Vegan food sold... Well so called "healthy" vegan tacos made from Jackfruit is not my idea of healthy...especially with severe allergies to jackfruit. So she has determined that she can do a better job than Jerry. I am now praying Jerry can find another market to open. This Kaiser I was at has a tremendous amount of patients coming and going which makes for good sales. Today I sold 2 $70 shawls I crochet and 3 crochet hats plus soap and lotions. It was a good day. Really ticks me off to lose the Holiday season there, I did fantastic last year at this market. My friend cannot sell her roasted sweet almonds anymore because "they are not healthy". When in H did we become a society that has to be told what to eat, how to raise our kids, what to feed our kids, etc etc. So more than ever I need my son-in-law to get work, they are flat broke and all my daughters soaping supplies are in a storage unit that is locked due to non payment. So she cannot even try selling her products again. She just informed me of that one tonight, of course her dad and I told her not to get the storage unit.

Sure hope some of you have an in with the Big Guy upstairs, since I sure do not seem to anymore :headbanging:

Argh that sucks. Sometimes everything just piles up at once, doesn't it. :(

Perhaps it's time to remind your son-in-law that sometimes any job is better than no job!

I am praying, maybe we need a circle of prayers. If it makes you feel any better, you are not alone. I am going through many challenges myself. :(

Definitely a prayer and a big virtual hug. Very sorry for the challenges you are going through.

Aww...really sorry to hear that! You'll be in my prayers.
How much does it cost to get your daughter's storage unit out? If the potential profit margin is higher than the cost, then it might not be a bad idea.
And if your daughter lives near you in a reasonable driving distance, maybe check out what craft market/ farmers market they have. You might be exploring a better market if they have more disposable income in that area. ( if I recall correctly, Carolyn you live in CA, right? ) there might be lots of competitor, and so is the opportunity.

It might not help much, but do they still have easy internet access? I've started using AmazonMturk for extra cash. It's pennies per task but most tasks are around 5 minutes, occasionally you get lucky and find yourself qualified to participate in a research project for more cash (University of Oregon is popping up lately).

It's to super much but it's something to keep you occupied while waiting for the calls you really want

Latest posts

Back