Water dispersible colours for melt & pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scholar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am in the UK and new to soap making and I am really excited to start making my own soaps.

I have M&P clear and white bases from Stephensons and would love to add some colour to the soaps. I am a little confused about how to use colour. I have found glycerine mixed pigment and ask some diluted in deionised water. How or which colour is used for what soap base. Also, when using the colour thats diluted in deionised water, does it mean I ll have to add preservatives to the soap due to adding water element to the base?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Welcome to the forum, Scholar! When you have a moment, why not introduce yourself in the Introduction Forum?

I use powdered micas usually for my M&P colors. The white base will produce a more pastel version of the color, while the clear base will be pretty true to color. Colorant mixed with glycerin should be fine; just add a bit of color (by the drop) until you have the shade you want. Be careful! Too much colorant can make the soap lather turn colors!

I don't know about colorant mixed with water. I'm not sure how that would behave.

Back