Essential Depot Flash Sale discount for SoapCon p/u

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got a notice in my FB feed that ED is offering a discount on pre-orders for pick up at SoapCon (free delivery, too, since it is a pick/up?) 30-45% depending on the items. Plus if you're a Greener Life Club member, more perks.

Also with every order 2 free stainless steel baskets for every order to be picked up at SoapCon2017. I wonder if I have any molds I could put into those. I don't actually like the size of the soap in those molds; too bad.

P.S. The discount sale is open to all customers, but without the SoapCon pick-up offer.

I have to say I haven't been impressed with Essential Depot's pricing structure. Jack the prices up WAY high so you can offer 'sales' with huge, eye catching 'discounts' that only just barely (but not always) bring the prices down in line with other suppliers. There's a grocery store here that does the same sort of thing, especially on meats. They've kinda backed themselves into a corner though, I think they got in trouble for changing prices right before a sale, so now their meats are priced at their artificially high prices all the time and the ONLY time they sell any of it is when it goes on sale, since their 'regular' prices are so ridiculously high.

Wish I was going to soap con! LOL

I ordered 3 of the molds and baskets on the flash sale a short time ago. I'm not going to fill the molds all the way up, just to where it will make a bar my "normal" sized. I have to say if they were full to the top that would be a huge bar! I do like the stacking feature as I'm low on horizontal space.

The best way to deal with the pricing structure of places like that is to keep a record of what you consider a "good" price on things. Then when a "sale" is there, you know whether to jump on it or not. No more getting suckered in! :)

Yes, you are right, NsMar42111. They do make huge bars when filled completely. I had though maybe one of these days I might make a divider and see if that would work for a double T&S mold, but I haven't tried that yet. They might end up too skinny that way.

I have to say I haven't been impressed with Essential Depot's pricing structure. Jack the prices up WAY high so you can offer 'sales' with huge, eye catching 'discounts' that only just barely (but not always) bring the prices down in line with other suppliers.

I noticed this at the Fourth of July sale. For this sale, the discounts are a little better on items I've been watching (especially the silicone cylindrical mold), so I signed up for the Greener Life Club and ended up saving way more than what it costs, and selected the free pound of shea butter too. I think I got all the supplies I'll need for creating some holiday gifts for family and friends.

Back