~*~ SMF October 2017 Challenge - Simple Minimalistic Swirl! ~*~
~ Last Look At August 2017 Challenge Photos~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Melt & Pour Forum > Making soap with kids

Old 06-17-2017, 06:37 AM   #11
anshika154
anshika154

Liked 29 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I think you should go for MP Process

Old 06-19-2017, 04:01 AM   #12
lisat
RiverGirl

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Excellent idea. I so appreciate everyone's suggestions. Even though this will be my first time a) teaching soap and b) working with kids, I think it will go well.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #13
randycoxclemson
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 44 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I did this for a 14-year-old's birthday a little over a month ago. I mixed up a basic batch of oils (which, due to the babassu, turned out to be a really good bar) and separated that into five batches. Then I mixed up lye for each of those batches a few hours before they kids arrived (I almost always soap at room temperature for all liquids).

When the kids came over we went outside; they picked from fragrances and colors (I had botanicals, pigments, essential oils, and chemical fragrances, plus clays and other additives). I had them put the scents and additives and colors into their oils and stir them up. Then they took turns donning the gloves and glasses and apron (I had a couple sets of each) and mixed their lye and oil to trace, poured into four yogurt cups. In between each, I wiped down the stick blender and everything worked like a charm. They loved their soap and kept having their parents contact me to make sure they really needed to wait a month or more.