Hey LJA Bamboo and Teak Results

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hey LJA ,
I soaped the bamboo and teak FO. It is a very nice fresh scent. It is very subtle in the soap , but my soap room smells great. It is hard to describe the scent , it's kind of like rain fresh air and more .I like it a lot.
I tried it in the mantra swirl , ha , the black seized on me big time , it does not look like the mantra swirl :( , but it smells real good. :)
So there ya go.

Kitn

Oooh!! I was waiting to hear how it went! So you'd buy it again? If so, I'm ordering that puppy! (not this week though - I've already done $150 in damage on soap supplies this week...lol). What is a mantra swirl? I feel so outta the loop. :wink:

Don't think you're getting away with not showing me pix of the soap either...lol.

::waiting patiently:::

Edited to add:
Sorta related: Is it wrong that I asked for a specific scent sample from Brambleberry with my order? She always sends me samples but there's one I wanna try, specifically. I wrote it in the order comments, but now I feel like a greedy shmuck...lol.

i will definitely buy it again.
The mantra swirl is the one that won the saponifier contest . My attempt did not quite cut it but I am trying it again. I might make a tut on it , it isn't really that difficult , setting up the mold is the worst part.
I will post pics later , I have another one to cut/butcher .

Kitn

That was #9 right? That's the one I voted for. LOVE that soap! I would kill for a tutorial....but no pressure....lol.

I want to try it again for sure. I will probably give it a shot in the morning.I have to do some packing today..

Kitn

Yep !! That is the one I used . Some people here , don't get the magazine , so I thought I would do a short tut. I found an easier way to do the mold dividing by myself and thought I would share that. Some soapers here are hoping to get the magazine for Mother's day. :wink: along with a diamond or two .:D
Kitn

eucalypta said:
LJA said:
That was #9 right? That's the one I voted for. LOVE that soap! I would kill for a tutorial....but no pressure....lol.

the tutorial is in "the saponifier" magazine of last month

I know, but unfortunately, I don't get the mag. :cry:

Back