Suggestions for facial scrub please :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an esthetician we were taught that exfoliants for the face should only be round...no sharp edges. Our facial skin is so much thinner and more delicate. And unfortunately most of the damage we do to our skin doesn't show until years later.

The suggestion of jojoba beads is excellent IMO.

And as the rule goes in our house, Drink More Water! We seldom get enough and it's great for your skin

nevada, i finally got to read this, im going to try it tonight! thanks!

I've always had HUGE pores on my schnoz that barely fits my face. Started cleansing with 60% Sunflower, 40% Castor, every other night. Now 100% Castor every other night. Pores now cleaner and tighter. Good Luck, Roy

100% dead sea mud mask works well. I plan to experiment with mixes later on but that's what is used in our house atm. Just gently massage it onto your face with small circles. Let the mud sit for about 10 minutes then rinse it off. A little goes a long way, its great stuff imo, used 2-4x or so each month.

100% dead sea mud mask works well. I plan to experiment with mixes later on but that's what is used in our house atm. Just gently massage it onto your face with small circles. Let the mud sit for about 10 minutes then rinse it off. A little goes a long way, its great stuff imo, used 2-4x or so each month.

How does dead sea mud exfoliate??

Have you ever tried adzuki beans? I used to buy something called "Japanese Washing Grains" at The Body Shop. Then they discontinued them back in the nineties.

Was that really 20ish years ago? o.0

I digress. A friend mentioned some Bobbi Brown product that sounded similar, but I balked at $40 for an ounce.

The product was just super finely ground adzuki beans. Seriously, a pound at Whole Paycheck is a couple of bucks. Highway robbery! I digress.

Anyway, grind them up super fine, and add a few drops of water to when you want to make a paste. Lightly rub on face, ignore the mild beany scent, rinse off. It leave skins very soft and is gentle (I have seriously sensitive skin).

Found a link:

http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/product/2385/7312/Whats-New/Cleansing-Story/Buffing-Grains-for-Face/index.tmpl#i.ye3alrk9hec5zh

Last edited:
I have sensitive skin so I don't exfoliate often but when I do, I use about a teaspoon of ultra-fine pumice mixed into a thin paste with avocado oil. Rub it onto your skin very gently with wet hands. It works great and isn't irritating at all.

A konjac sponge is another way to exfoliate/clean your face and its gentle enough to use daily. I get the cheap ones off ebay, no reason to pay $16 for a name brand one.

Latest posts

Back