Nb Lotions, Fragrances, Body Butter...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naptural

Reaction score
Hello I am new to this forum. I have been lurking for quite some time. So, I am finally ready to actually make and sell my products.

I tried to make body butter and lotion and but failed lol

I want to purchase the right ingredients, but I am so confused and overwhelmed by the different recipes and such.

I also do not know which would be better as Fo or Eo or possibly flavor oils to have edible body creams perhaps and body sprays....

Overall I need a Basic recipe that I can use for:

Body Sprays ( Ive seen something about edible alcohol, vodka. What's up with that)

Whipped Body Butter ( I want mine to come out creamy and moisturizing. Ive seen a recipe that you can add magnesium as I have read that its quite good for healing purposes of the skin)

Lotion Bar ( i am sorta liking the lotion bar as I believe men dont care for lotion and might prefer this method and it can also be used for the face and lip )

Lotion ( I would like to make a creamy, moisturizing lotion for severely dry to normal skin )

Last but not least lol, Fragrances uuugggghh ( what is better or stronger EO FO....)

Sorry for the article sized post.....

Hello and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of great information on the boards. I don't make lotion but I do make lotion bars and whipped body butter. A really great place to go for information is swiftcraftymonkey http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/2010/01/if-youre-new-to-lotion-making.html for lotions. But she also has a wealth of information on everything else. I use both EO and FO's in my products. Just be sure to check usage rates for whatever you decide to use. Most suppliers will have that listed on their site. It takes a lot as testing and tinkering of recipes until you find what you like and what your future customers will like. Use your friends and family as your guinea pigs and ask for feedback. That's how I have done it.

There are some recipies I have been tinkering with for years. I don't sell and don't plan to but I am still unwilling to share what I have spent years perfecting. Sorry, this may sound harsh. But with the blog above and research you will be more satisfied with your own formulations. There is great info on that site. Good luck

Hello I am new to this forum. I have been lurking for quite some time. So, I am finally ready to actually make and sell my products.

When you are really ready to sell, you will know the answers to all of the questions you are asking. Without any recipes and ingredients what are you planning to sell?

Back