Show your January 2016 Soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lavender scented soap

1454820908137.jpg

I live on St. Croix, one of the U.S. Virgin Islands. Every Caribbean island is wonderfully different, but St. Croix is the only one that has "chaney" -- small, water-tumbled pieces of china, porcelain, and other crockery, taken from the sugar plantations, that were smashed during the slave revolt here and tossed into the ocean. Chaney can be found on most beaches on St. Croix and was used originally as play money by the kids ("china" + "money" = "chaney"), but is now a featured part of the gorgeous handmade jewelry trade here. This soap is a soleseife, 2" in diameter, made by the request of the owners of a chaney jewelry shop in Christiansted. I was hoping to evoke the delicacy and color of pieces of chaney.

Cat, those are really lovely! I'd buy them in a heartbeat. :D

Almond Joy/Chocolate Almond Swirl

"Heart of Hearts" is the name of this soap. I had originally replied to an old post with the above title, but said I would post results. This soap turned out great! I used Cherry Almond FO for the scent and it is most delish. Anybody coming into our home immediately becomes blissful in the aroma of this soap. The swirl is cocoa, the base is colored with TD as well as including yummy cocoa butter. Hearts are all glycerin embeds. I had a great time making this soap even though there were many steps and elements to tend.

Heart of Hearts 009.JPG 2.jpg

Heart of Hearts close up.jpg

Heart of Hearts 008.JPG 2.jpg

"Heart of Hearts" is the name of this soap. I had originally replied to an old post with the above title, but said I would post results. This soap turned out great! I used Cherry Almond FO for the scent and it is most delish. Anybody coming into our home immediately becomes blissful in the aroma of this soap. The swirl is cocoa, the base is colored with TD as well as including yummy cocoa butter. Hearts are all glycerin embeds. I had a great time making this soap even though there were many steps and elements to tend.

Just beautiful! It looks like a geode inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back