Homemade Vanilla Extract

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been debating the alcohol I want to use. The only vodka I would consider is smirnoff. I hate Absolut though it is much better than Georgi. Pinnicle might be a consideration. I thought about rum and brandy but I'm more likely to use a dark rum (Mt. Gay or Bacardi 151) than a light. I like dark rum more than light. Brandy I know next to nothing about. It's only in my fruitcake (don't judge me XD).

Again, I really think I might have grade A since I bought them from a store (Union Market). I don't know how that's going to turn out.

I use Prairie Organic vodka for all my vodka needs, I make tinctures, herbal medicine with it too, and it's what I use to make vanilla extract.

Smirnoff is actually a couple of steps up from what I use. I guess what I should have said is that I use dirt cheap vodka. :lol:

IrishLass :)

So we drink this vanilla liquor?

I have a friend who is a booze hound who because we have strange blue laws here in Minnesota and the LQ's close early and on Sundays, did drink his very cheap vanilla extract.

I love this thread.

http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I use Prairie Organic vodka for all my vodka needs, I make tinctures, herbal medicine with it too, and it's what I use to make vanilla extract.

I guess it's legal in NY since a liquor store a few blocks away sells this (I have to travel to get some Everclear). They also sell a wine I like so I will look into it. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back