My soap bar is sweating

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biarine

Reaction score
I notice this afternoon that some of my soap is sweating but some it's ok. Any idea why?

It happens--our soaps have natural glycerin in them and it attracts moisture. Has it been humid? I was set up at an outdoor event this past weekend and all of my soaps were sweating. Once I had them home and out of the heat and humidity, they were fine.

It happens--our soaps have natural glycerin in them and it attracts moisture. Has it been humid? I was set up at an outdoor event this past weekend and all of my soaps were sweating. Once I had them home and out of the heat and humidity, they were fine.

Yes it is hot and humid here in UK at the moment. No its in my soap racks inside our room.

I've had fragrance oils sometimes sweat out.. So far most of them have gotten

True, This is unscented soap.

By sweating do you mean sweating after unmolding? I was just unmolding my soap which had been in my mold for 10 days and I noticed the bottom of the soap was oily. I was wondering if that counts as sweating.
It's very humid in Shanghai too right now. I keep my soaps on a shelf right beside a dehumidifier box but it doesn't seem to help.

The sweating will stop, eventually. Just wait a few days after it sweats to see if you can package it. If you are not worrying about packaging it, just let it breathe,

Thank you Susie. I will do.

Latest posts

Back