Hello everyone!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello there. It's a pleasure to have you with us! I like the username!

We're a soapy cult with a tendency towards lard soaps - but by no means discriminate against our cherished tallow soapers, veggie oil soapers, palm-free soapers, and melt and pour soapers.

We encourage the active maintenance of a sense of humor and a willingness to use soap.

Hello there. It's a pleasure to have you with us! I like the username!

We're a soapy cult with a tendency towards lard soaps - but by no means discriminate against our cherished tallow soapers, veggie oil soapers, palm-free soapers, and melt and pour soapers.

We encourage the active maintenance of a sense of humor and a willingness to use soap.

And lots of storage space for said soaps....

Thanks everyone for the welcoming! ^_^

Thank you! I spent a good 10 minutes thinking of it :roll:

Is lard okay for sensitive skin? I tried googling and most said both yes and no :/
Thank you again! :)

*grins* I personally think it was a well spent ten minutes.

As to whether lard is good for sensitive skin, everyone is going to be different. I consider my skin sensitive, and I love it. I have a friend, however, who raves over castile (100% olive oil soap) for her skin and won't use anything else.

500g batches have a good good beginning size; because I can try a bunch of different recipes to see what I like best.

Thank you! I spent a good 10 minutes thinking of it :roll:
Haha That long, eh? Thanks for the giggle!
Is lard okay for sensitive skin?
Think about it, when our grandmas and great-grandmas were making soap with lard and tallow at the beginning of the last century, that's what everyone used and there wasn't nearly the amount of skin issues, including acne, that there are today. And another thing, I know a nurse in her 80's, whose mother was also a nurse, and her mom told her that, in the olden days, they used to clean newborns with lard! Imagine that! Good stuff, truly. My first soaps (2004) were lard and tallow. Those were some of the best soaps I ever made.

Latest posts

Back