New here, new to soap making.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dburg30

Reaction score
Have done a lot of research, lots of studying, got a starter kit, now just have to pull the trigger and make a batch of soap!!!! Thanks for lots of great information.

Welcome! And you know we're gonna beg for pics when you make that first batch. Have fun!

First batch is setting up right now! I'm working on it, but I'm one of those instant gratification people :/ so my first batch was HP. Looks like everything did what it was supposed to do. Now waiting to cut it!! Of course during the clean up there are those little pieces that dry to the side of the crock pot so I kinda squished those all together to make a 'mini bar' and it seems to do what it's supposed to do, lathers and cleans haha..

I did the zap test and if it really is supposed to react like a battery, I'm good, felt nothing.. :)

First batch is setting up right now! I'm working on it, but I'm one of those instant gratification people :/ so my first batch was HP. Looks like everything did what it was supposed to do. Now waiting to cut it!! Of course during the clean up there are those little pieces that dry to the side of the crock pot so I kinda squished those all together to make a 'mini bar' and it seems to do what it's supposed to do, lathers and cleans haha..

I did the zap test and if it really is supposed to react like a battery, I'm good, felt nothing.. :)
Congratulations on your first batch, and welcome to the forum :bunny: Hp soap still needs to cure just like cp. Actually hp usually takes long to cure because more water is used.

Latest posts

Back