Abyssinian kittens, cucumbers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luviesmom

Reaction score
I haven't been doing anything "soapy" lately. My husband has been gone for a month in Idaho for military training. Like girls, our cat and garden have kept me busy.

Our Abyssinian gave birth to five kittens on Sunday. Three ruddy and two red. Growing like fat little ticks. Born weighing 107-117 grams and gaining 20 grams per day!

Been working hard in in the garden. We have gotten a a lot of rain lately. This weird growth appeared almost overnight on one cucumber plant. I was worried it would hatch out some sci-fi looking insect. I posted it on a garden forum cause I couldn't figure oút what it was. Turns out it's called dog vomit fungus! Completely harmless but what a name ! Today I am going to finish making teepee trellis. Hope everyone has a great early summer. :)

20170528_122317.jpg

20170529_163155.jpg

20170528_211701.jpg

20170529_161022.jpg

20170531_190658.jpg

N'awww! Kittens! I haven't hung out with kittens or puppies since the outdoor cat (who gets to sleep in the garage if its raining or cold) was wee. It's one of the things I miss most about being a CVT. There was nothing like a grinning golden puppy or a little 2 pound kitten looking up at you and purring thunderously. I do love my grown cats, but y'know. Kittens.

I saw the title and was getting all ready to say how cruel it is to scare kittens with cucumbers (its a true thing on YouTube!) and it turns out its just REALLY cute kittens and the cucumber bit is separate LOL!

I saw the title and was getting all ready to say how cruel it is to scare kittens with cucumbers (its a true thing on YouTube!) and it turns out its just REALLY cute kittens and the cucumber bit is separate LOL!

Me too. I am so relieved that I did not have to go off like that. Congrats on the kittens (I wish I could take 2 off your hands...) and the cucumber plants are looking nice, fungus aside.

This has been a "What in the ham sandwich?"week. First, the diagnosis of dog vomit fungus on cukes. The, LilyJo thinking I was scaring the cats with cucumbers. I thought someone was pulling my leg again. But no! Can't believe cucumbers can be so frightening. Thanks for the laugh!
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=agi4geKb8v8[/ame]

Made 8 More Teepees today. I am going to have cucumbers coming out of my wazoo . One of Mt girls favorites especially pickles. Going to try to can this summer, mostly pickles. Any canners here? Seems like a lost art.

20170601_165344.jpg

Mabrook on the kittysssssssssss:)

I wish I lived closer to beable to adopt one of them

Since I posted here, got an itch to make bath bombs again. I kinda quit. I do this one season to another. Holed up in house during cold but my favorite is to be outside. Does anyone else feel seasonal? I caught this crazy fish a few weeks back. Very rare for sandhills of nc.

2017-04-289517.16.57.jpg

Made 8 More Teepees today. I am going to have cucumbers coming out of my wazoo . One of Mt girls favorites especially pickles. Going to try to can this summer, mostly pickles. Any canners here? Seems like a lost art.

Look up 11 day pickles. They are awesome sweet pickles if you like real sweet pickles.

Latest posts

Back