I made this soap stamp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pametan

Reaction score
I made these soap stamps using the 3D printer at my local library. Design and print took about 3 hours total. Cost me $4.50 for th pair. I think they look great :)

1488300813315.jpg

1488300831176.jpg

1488300840230.jpg

I used sketchup to do this. For words sketchup is easier than (I Think the other one I tried was called) 123Design. But to do images I need to use three different programs (unless I want to pay for a different version of one of those two programs) using 123Design is easier when doing images, once I have converted the 2D to a 3D image in the right file format

I'm having a library envy now!!! This is so neat! Very simple design that pops out!!! Would you mind sharing where you are located? Must be a wealthy country/city/school! ;)

I'm having a library envy now!!! This is so neat! Very simple design that pops out!!! Would you mind sharing where you are located? Must be a wealthy country/city/school! ;)

There may be a fab lab near you. That link is specifically for the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago but they have locations world wide. When I was last in Chicago I was able to go to a 3D print workshop there and made a 2" figurine. The software we used in the workshop was free (but I don't know where I put the pamphlet with the name of it) and there are places online where you could send your file to be printed.

I now super wish I had that sheet, I want to make my own stamp!

I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We have the world's ****tiest subway system but our libraries have 3D printers lol! The sketchup and 123Design are free programs. But do do images for free you need another two programs that are free. Or you can pay for an upgrade.

Awesome!

And I just discovered that a several branches of my county library system have 3D printers so I can make stamps too. :cool::cool:

wow - very impressive. thanks for sharing. I really like your design.
totally going to check our local library for a 3D printer.

Latest posts

Back