Share your favorite aromatherapy recipe!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange smelling and medicinal are 2 different things to me. Quality definitely makes a difference for sure. I get my eos from nda. Anything from eucalyptus to clary sage to rosemary to lavender smells medicinal. Just my opinion.

Wow really?? How strange but as mentioned before ppl smell things differently. I can't stand the smell of chamomile eo makes me feel so sick and gives me instant headache but so many other ppl love it haha

Iv failed so many times I'm becoming an expert

Medicinal ? In order of strength : Tea tree oil, eucalyptus , and clove oil all smell medicinal to me. There are more, but those are the strongest IMHO. The oils are all real oils not synthetic, I think natural smells are more medicinal smelling. Remember medicines are created by manipulating plants, not by man mixing chemicals. Yes today some are purely synthetic, but the are usually trying to mimic something in nature.

EO Recipe

Need to focus better at work? Try diffusing this essential oil blend right at your desk! Peppermint oil has been shown effective in improving memory and focus as well as increase alertness.
The fresh scent of lemon and peppermint will awaken your senses!
Recipe
5 drops Peppermint essential oil
3 drops Lemon essential oil

Thanks
Joya

Hello Everyone....
Now I am a Total Newbee....So for all of you that are experienced sorry if this question sounds like I have no idea what I am talking about...lol - because I don't. So...with all these wonderful blends of oils...I mean they all sound wonderful ( I am slowly buying oils) So when people write 3:1 of this or 2:1 of that...I understand..but lets say I am making a 2 pound batch of cold process soap and I wanted to use Vanilla and Orange at a 3 :1 ratio...how much total is that. Is there a ratio I use and then divide the total amount up into each one? I only ask because the first time I made soap - I just added and added oils - boy my soap smelled so well - but man was so greasy...well then I found out I have to measure out the amount I am to use per pound of soap...I guess live and learn. - thanks for your input... :)

I usually don't go over 1/2 ounce of essential oils for 16 ounces of oils used. Since you indicated you will be using 32 ounces that could = up to 1 ounce of essential oil. For me 3:1 ratio means 3 parts vanilla and 1 part orange=4 parts.
1 ounce divided by 4 (parts)= .25 ounce for each part
Vanilla 3 parts x .25 ounce=.75 ounce
orange 1 part x .25 ounce-.25 ounce

That is the way I figure parts and usage. Hope it helps.:)

My favorite essential oil blend

I mixed ylang ylang, May Chang (litsea cubeba) and vanilla together and it has been the favorite at every show! All 3 have anti-depressant qualities, it really does make me feel good and smells wonderful! I call it "Inspiration"!

Darkly Mysterious Scent:
8 drops - Sandalwood
3 drops - Lavender
1 drop - Cedarwood
Floral Romance Scent
5 drops - Palmarosa
3 drops - Rose
1 drop - Rose Geranium
1 drop - Ylang Ylang
Note: If you don't have rose, use more palmarosa and rose geranium.
Fountain of Youth.
9 drops - Grapefruit
1 drop - Rose Geranium
1 drop - Ylang Ylang

I am glad that Australian EO has got a mention, almost. The worlds best Sandalwood grows only a about three hundred kilometers from my home town. After a lot of experimenting, I believe that this, in combination with several other Aussie EO's constitute the greatest little collection of aromatherapy oils on the planet.

Take a look at these they truly are excellent;
https://essentiallyaustralia.com.au/aromatherapy-essential-oils/

If you have access to doterra oils then 2 drops lavender, 2 drops wild orange and 1 drop grapefruit make a beautiful blend :smile:

OMG, you're such an enabler! I had no idea New Directions was so cheap! The minimum $100 order only stops me from buying a little at a time!

AromaTherapy Neck wraps
2 drops Lavender oil
2 drops Bergamot oil
1 drop peppermint oil
2 Cups hot water

Nice grounding blend is clary sage, cardamom, and black pepper.....I love the smell and the therapeutic value is great! Ratio of 4:2:2

Latest posts

Back