Name this batch of soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyvernWench

Reaction score
Everything that could go wrong did. So I probably should call it Murphy's Law Soap.

The new color sampler I got from Amazon, while beautiful in the little plastic bags, became mud colors in the soap mix. By bag color this was a graduation of three tones of blue - pale, medium, and dark, with the addition of red-purple and red. It went into the molds as shades of blue, purple, and red purple.

About one-half hour after pouring I had dark charcoal, mud brown, grey blue, no purple at all, and that red is mucky beige-oranges with a cast of sickly yellow.

Trace took forever and, of course, I spilled one of the colors when I was reaching for the hand mixer. Plus my embed, which I wanted just under the top surface .... sank.

So, my thoughts so far are:

Night of the Living Dead
Cold Sweat Nightmares
Down the Drain
Barf Bars (my favorite so far)
Mud Puddles

and ... Stolen from the Bates Motel!

It's so ugly at this point that I don't even want to think about using it for confetti soap.

So, what would you name this batch of soap?

PS. My camera was extremely kind by adding color that isn't really there. So imagine a light layer of mud over everything and you've got it.

DSC_0888.jpg

It's really beautiful in the picture. I am so visual that it's hard to put a name to it without the proper colors. But I like 'Stolen from the Bates Motel' name.

Maybe with cure the colors will improve.

"It was a dark and stormy night...."?
"Moody Blues"?

What's the scent? I actually like the looks of this! Sorta broody....I'd so pretend I did that on purpose!

Oh, too perfect! Its Tobacco and Bay and smells really, really great if you can stomach getting the bar near your nose.

General rule - NEVER order colors and fragrances from Amazon! There is probably some good stuff, but most of those sellers are not testing their products in CP. So for them, a soap color or soap fragrance is for MP.

Wow! Learned that one first hand !!!!! So, is the name of this soap "Deceit in the Amazon" ?

It's really beautiful in the picture. I am so visual that it's hard to put a name to it without the proper colors. But I like 'Stolen from the Bates Motel' name.

Maybe with cure the colors will improve.

I really think that is extreme wishful thinking ... but we will find out in time.

"Blood Moon"?

I like the colours actually! But if you prefer more reliable micas, I definitely recommend Nurture. She has examples of what the colours look like in CP soap so you'll never have a nasty surprise.

Oh, that is GOOD!!!!! Really GOOD!

Wow! Learned that one first hand !!!!! So, is the name of this soap "Deceit in the Amazon" ?

You're always better off buying soaping supplies from someone who sells just that. And even then, some are better than others. Some really good ones will have pics of the color used in finished soap, like Nurture Soaps. What you see isn't always what you get! :shock:

I think it is well worth pretending you did it on purpose. I agree with the "Blood Moon" idea and think there is a definite "Elements" theme to this. The embed looks like it is on fire, especially in the top bar.

EDIT : I just showed this to my wife and she immediately said "Bad Moon Rising". It's a 1969 song by John Fogerty performed by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

I think it is well worth pretending you did it on purpose. I agree with the "Blood Moon" idea and think there is a definite "Elements" theme to this. The embed looks like it is on fire, especially in the top bar.

EDIT : I just showed this to my wife and she immediately said "Bad Moon Rising". It's a 1969 song by John Fogerty performed by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

LOL, I always forget the name of that group. My mom schooled me on them when I heard that particular song. I was rolling with "Blood Moon" until you Mentioned "Bad Moon Rising". Now I'm rolling with "Blood Moon Rising". :mrgreen:

And btw - Nurture ships colors free if your order over $30 and are in the contiguous 48. You're welcome. :)

Thank you for knowing that I was going to thank you in advance .... :)

pompeii? 'cause the colors kind of remind me of a volcano erupting, and that was a major disaster.

fotf! Yes!!!!

That's the one !!!!

I was trying to think of a werewolf/full moon pun but this covers it.

Latest posts

Back