AHA recommendations for facial exfoliation??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emi

Reaction score
Now that I made myself a good liquid soap, I'm going to attempt an emulsified scrub that has liquid soap in it for my face. I was told to try AHA/BHA instead of scrubby exfoliants like walnut shells I've been apparently damaging my face with all these years! But I love my scrubbies so thought I'd try a little bit of jojoba beads since they're supposed to be gentle. I read about both BHA and AHA and I think I'm going to at least start with AHAs. I know glycolic acid, citric acid, and lactic acid are the common ones I can buy in more concentrated powder/liquid form and other natural sources like strawberries, sugar (I was surprised to learn!), lemons, yogurt, rosemary, etc. Does anyone have any experience or advise on what type to use and how?

jojoba beads are good, but if you add ls to your sugar scrub you get slobby, glop. The soap will dissolve sugar...........

Oh, Dahlia -- I agree! You're right. I tried to make a scrub with some cream soap -- the idea is the same as using liquid soap. It's possible to add enough extra sugar to this kind of mixture, so you can finally get some of the sugar crystals to remain in a scrub like this. But once I got the scrub to actually stay scrubby with enough sugar, I didn't care for it much.

I'll stick to the emulsifying scrub that doesn't have anything with added water. Much nicer, IMO.

Back