Favorite supplier for bath bomb/bubble bar ingredients?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

I'm thinking about taking the dive into bath bombs and bubble bars. I think I'll purchase the Two Wild Hares recipes to try!

I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend suppliers for the ingredients in US/Canada.

I usually go with Wholesale Supplies Plus for my soapmaking ingredients, but I'd love to hear if you know of an alternative that's more economical.

I'll need ingredients like: citric acid, slsa, cream of tartar, PS80.

Do most people just get their baking soda and cornstarch at the grocery store?

Thank you thank you! :mrgreen:

I use WSP for all my bath bomb supplies. They have decent prices and sometimes it helps bring my order up to $40 to get the free shipping.

Thanks ladies!

I just compared some prices for (small amounts of) supplies out of interest. Seems like SavesonCitric is the winner here (except on PS80, interestingly), not including shipping costs.

WSP:
Baking Soda = $1.95 1lbs
Citric Acid = $3.95 1lbs
SLSA = $23.95 1lbs
PS80 = $5.95 1lbs
Refined Cocoa Butter = $12.95 1lbs
Glycerin = $2.95 1lbs

Total = $51.70

SaveonCitric
Baking Soda = $1.69 1lbs
Citric Acid = $2.49 1lbs
SLSA = $12.88 1lbs
PS80 = $8.95 1lbs
Refined Cocoa Butter = $8.99 1lbs
Glycerin = $5.50 2lbs (or $2.75 per pound)

Total = $37.75

Your shipping cost may be expensive. At WSP, shipping is free if you order at least $40 worth of supplies.

I just received my first order from Save on Citric and was pleasantly surprised. I ordered a bit of everything plus 25 pounds of citric acid. Pigments are good quality, packaging was nice, prices were great, and shipping was super fast.

Back