Base Recommendations?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BattleGnome

Reaction score
Background: my friends and I go to a anime convention every year. One of my friends is an amazing artist and would like to have a booth in the vender area, but so does every other artist who attends. We were thinking to use my soaping as a way to possibly give her a hook and finally get her a table.

I am in no way confident or ready to sell the stuff I make from scratch. My stuff is useable but I am still learning. The compromise I had in mind was to grab assorted bases and add scent/customization. This year there was a m&p/lotion bar/lip balm/candle place and a body wash/lotion/body spray/lip balm place (usually there are only 2-3 candle places)

To set myself apart I was thinking of making a different theme for m&p, lotion, and possibly a hand sanitizer. I have a ton of m&p, does any one have any good suggestions for the lotion and hand sanitizer? Has anyone used Brambleberry's deodorant additive? I think it would be good label appeal.

I use WSP lotion bases and M&P bases. They are great products. I have no experience with hand sanitizer bases, so if you decide to use it let us know how it works!

I've used lotion base and the body frosting base from Essentials by Catalina, and the head to toe cream base from MMS, and have been happy with them. I especially like the cream base from MMS.

I bought hand sanitizer base quite awhile ago, I think from Bitter Creek North.

Thanks all for recommendations. Right after posting I realized WSP has some lotion base samplers that I plan on ordering soon.

I'll also note for posterity that Bitter Creek North seems to be the only supplier that offers hand sanitizer base. I could have sworn I've seen it somewhere else but I'm mostly seeing kits using aloe and essential oils.

Thanks all for recommendations. Right after posting I realized WSP has some lotion base samplers that I plan on ordering soon.

I'll also note for posterity that Bitter Creek North seems to be the only supplier that offers hand sanitizer base. I could have sworn I've seen it somewhere else but I'm mostly seeing kits using aloe and essential oils.

Carolyn introduced me to Essentials By Catalina, they look like they have a hand sanitizer base:

http://www.essentialsbycatalina.com/hand-sanitizing-gel-base-unscented.asp?bc=no

hand sanitizers..

I use WSP lotion bases and M&P bases. They are great products. I have no experience with hand sanitizer bases, so if you decide to use it let us know how it works!

all you need is some polymer to thicken the alcohol then add some moisturizing ingredients etc

check out lotioncrafters or bulk apothecary

Back