New to M&P

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luisa

Reaction score
Hoping for some advice, I usually do CP or HP soap but need some in a hurry to help out a friend. Advised to try M&P since it doesnt need to cure. Can someone please help me get started I have no clue and not much time to learn. Was supposed to be a lavender/chamomile soap is that possible?
TIA.

There are good how to videos at soapqueen.com, as well as YouTube. I have been happy with soap base from Bramble Berry and Elements Bath and Body (Essentials by Catalina if you need a large quantity). The FO or EO you were going to use in your CP or HP soap will be fine to use. A mold and something for color if you want to use it. I always wrap M&P as it is prone to sweating, or a small cello bag also works.

Welcome Luisa,
As listed above, both Brambleberry & Elements carry excellent bases. The most popular are those made by SFIC and Stephensons. There are quite a variety ranging from sulfate-free to those containing goat's milk, argan oil, honey, etc.
Chamomile & lavender are quite popular additives. If adding the dried versions of those flowers, lavender will turn brown but still smell great!

Happy Soaping! :)
Lisa

Back