Lakes versus Mica, painting bombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luviesmom

Reaction score
I have seen people painting bombs with 91% alcohol using micas. Can I do with lakes also? I will experiment. Got some cool cutters. I want to outline embeds. Anyone tried it?

Well, it did work using the 91% alcohol to paint my embeds with lake dyes. Much easier than dying a batch of embeds trying to like them up correctly and working fast enough to cut them. I think for I will make some mini beach balks for the palm trees. I will scent the final beachy bomb with a coconut FO. And the umbrella and rain drops with Rain orchid from MMS.

20170205_155555.jpg

20170205_155219.jpg

It looks like you used markers! That's some really good color saturation.

Can you post a pic when you get them to the tub? I'm curious how much Of a difference there will be in the color of the water.

Sure! I only had to use a teenie tiny bit of the powder. These are really small embeds also but will post pictures when the project is complete. I'm anxiously awaiting on my order from MMS. Bought some new fragrances I want to try out. Coconut milk and coconut cream. I luvie coconut. Hope i'm not disappointed.

Back