Wilkommen to me!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erinesque

Reaction score
Hi, Everyone! I have just discovered this forum, and am super excited to have done so! I'm an artist, and mostly like to draw, but I also love to make soaps and candles. I have also just finished making a book, which was blank, intended to be a scrap book.

I do have a question, since I am about to undertake a new project. I'd like to preface the question with a little history. I was homeschooled, and one of the lessons my mother had us do was to make candles from the wick up, using melted candles and crayons. So, I'm already familiar with how to do this.

My question is this: I'd like to try to make a carved candle, and see how I do. Do I need to start with a basic candle first, or do I need to create one from the wick up, before adding the extra wax for the carving?

Hello and welcome! I am also from SC.
I haven't made carved tapers before, so I can't answer your question about that process.
Let us know how it goes!

Sorry. I can't help with the candle making, but you can post your question on the candle making forum and someone will respond sooner there than here. Just want to say Howdy from Colorado and:
Welcome.gif

Hi Erin, welcome to the forum. I moved out here (WA) a couple years ago from Rock Hill, SC.

Besides soap, I've done some candle making and while I've never done a carved candle, I'd say it's up to you if you want to make the candle core and then add your color layers, or just start with a wick and mold or dip the core yourself. Depends on what diameter you have in mind and how much work you want to do.

BTW... Happy New Year!

Welcome, Erin! :wave: I believe that one of our members- jcandleattic- has made some beautiful carved candles. If you go to the candle-making section of our forum and post a new thread about making a carved candles, that will be a surefire way to attract a response from her, as well as any others who have made carved candles.

IrishLass :)

Back