Basic base recipe feedback

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isha

Reaction score
Hello soapers
I would like ur feedback on this recipe that I'm trying to work out. Based on the oils available to me.
Kindly share ur valuable inputs.
Ive tried few other recipes. Few have worked out well n few have not.
Oils that I have access to is
CO
Castor oil
Palm oil
Sunflower oil
N olive pomace.. Which is the most expensive of all..
I'm trying to work out a sustainable receipe with reduction on olive oil..
I would like my bars to be moisturising.. With a good lather that customer can appreciate.

Also want to know If a soap without olive oil wud turn out to be a good one.

Screenshot_20171225_233520.png

If you want to reduce your use of Olive Oil you can substitute Rice Bran Oil, if available in your country. The only two oils on your list that would help with bubbles are the Castor Oil and Coconut Oil. Raise the Castor Oil too much and your soap lather will be inhibited and may be sticky. Raise the Coconut Oil too much and your soap will become drying. Are there any other oils other than what you listed available to you?

Try a batch, that looks like it will be a nice soap. I tend to like a little more coconut oil, but most others here do not.

I usually use 30-35% n my bars turned out a little drying to my skin. Not sure if it is the cold climate or my bars

You could up your olive oil to 30% and lower the palm to 50%. I use 45% palm in my vegan bars and it works out decent. I use 10-17% CO depending on which soaps I am making, but very seldom go over 17%. Without other cleansing /bubbly oils you could probably up the CO to 17% and lower the Palm another 2%. Palm can deter lather and feel a tad waxy

So I did a few alternations n ended up with
Castor 5
CO 20
Oo 25
Palm 50

I made a batch with tomato puree n calendula dried petals.
I weighed the puree n froze it. Then added my lye.. Cooled it o around 120. N mixed with my just melted oils..

I'm excited to see how this works

So I did a few alternations n ended up with
Castor 5
CO 20
Oo 25
Palm 50

I made a batch with tomato puree n calendula dried petals.
I weighed the puree n froze it. Then added my lye.. Cooled it o around 120. N mixed with my just melted oils..

I'm excited to see how this works
It will be a nice long lasting soap. I also make tomato soap :)

Back