Simple Soap Recipe Needed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryfolk

Reaction score
My son has eczema and lye soap does help him after we bought some at the Ozark Family Center in Arkansas. We made some basic soap using all lard, it's in the 2nd week of curing. My son would like something that lathers better and doesn't smell quite so "hoggy". What we have is 48oz. of vegetable shortening 13.9oz. of Olive Oil, 8oz. of lye and 13.5 oz can of coconut milk. Does anyone have a recipe that will work with these items. I would appreciate anyone wanting to share a recipe. Thanks

I ran your recipe (48 oz shortening, 18 olive, lye, water and coc milk) through my SoapMaker program, and it looks pretty good as soap goes, except for the scant bubbly lather. But not everyone likes a lot of lather, and it only comes with plenty of coconut or babassu or palm kernel oils. If you cannot get any of those three, the coconut milk may help with lather. You can also add a TBSP of sugar to the lye water, which increases the bubbles in the soap lather.

for my eczema bar I also add some finely ground oatmeal, to the oils, mix well.

Good luck to you!

Back