Sugar scrubs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooooooooh I see - I thought you were talking about the way the scent bloomed! You are referring to the way your product that includs PS gets cloudy when water is introduced - right? Like when you add water to ouzo (sp)? forgive me if I'm being dense.

I have not found that the PS morphs fragraces but I don't use it that often. I do use it in my liqud soaps, though, and didn't notice a problem. This said, my nose isn't very good.

Hi to all

I love this recipe:

80g cocoabutter
30g sheabutter (Butyospermum Parkii)
15g Laureth-4
50g Sodium bicarbonat
140g Salt
perfume as you like
no preservative needed

This make hard bars which do not melt in the bathroom. Just make sure that you do not heat the cocoabutter too much. And the Sheabutter should melt in the warm cocoabutter and should not be heated over the oven.
Perfume comes in Laureth-4, also colour.
Instead of salt you can use Sugar, Almond-Olive-ground granulate or almond ground granulate.
I love this bar in the shower!

Sorry for my english. Some words are hard to translate :lol: as they are not usual English words :roll:

That looks like a great recipe. Thank you for sharing.

Where does one buy Laureth-4 from? Is it available in Canada?

Thanks

Tabitha said:
I add silica gel ( powedered) to my oils to make them gel, that way they won't seperate or leak.

2oz silica gel
10oz oils (your choice)
8oz sugar (brown, cane, turbano, salt or combo)
fragrance (to taste)
preserve

Where do you get silica gel?

wow thanks guys for the information, I am getting ready to make bath bombs this weekend and some scrubs. Off to make my list and get my goodies this weekend. Will post how they turned out once I make them

Before I made emulsified scrubs, I used to use silica too. I found after they sat on a store shelf for a while, the oil I used ended up floating on top. I only make emulsified scrubs now and only with sugar.

Back