Herbal Stick Deodorant Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooooooooooh! That looks good! I think I will add an herbal deo to my line similar to the one you posteed.

Yeah you will be a big hit! I'm going to try some too but for my mom and myself of course!

I just made these today ... I also added baking soda as recommended by Tabitha.

They are pretty strong smelling, the tea tree and rosemary are definately WOW but hopefully they'll be a little toned down once it's applied to the skin.

I'll let y'all know how they work after a few days!

okay, i've tried out the herbal deo stick and it really works great! i have to admit i was skeptical at first because i keep trying different "natural" deodorants from the store and they just don't work that well...but this one ROCKS!!!

I'm definately adding this one to my product line!!!

I highly recommend everyone make this one NOW!
:D

sooo glad to hear that! Ive got to maike this!!

hey have you ever heard of those deodorant salt crystals?? I remember having one a while back, i dont hink it worked TOO well...but I wonder if you ccould grind it up and put it in a deo bar if itd make a dif..??

Thanks for the update!

Grinding up a crystal would leave you w/ shards similar to glass wouldn't it? Kinda like fiberglass.

I think it was a salt crystal though?? I dont remember the exact details..Im going to see if I can find a link to one and edit the post... not sure WHY they deodorize but I bet if you ground it up enough it wouldnt be like shards of glass??

(not talking about like a quarts crystal..lol I guess maybe its not really a crystal then ...i think it was just shaped as one??

ok it looked like this:

http://web.iwebcenters.com/deodorantsto ... urpics.jpg

the one in the upper right in the pouch

http://www.deodorantstones.com/productCat17037.ctlg

http://www.deodorantstones.com/potassiumalum.ivnu

http://www.deodorantstones.com/aluminumquestions.ivnu

intersting to say the least!!....

I've tried the recipe and changed a few things because I didn't like it much. I'm going to make a few different ones and test them out.

mandolyn said:
Does this leave oil stains on your clothes?

It's basically a lotion bar, so you have to let it "soak" in for a couple minutes, I put it on right out of the shower when I put on my lotion, so by the time I'm getting dressed it's all absorbed...and no white marks on your shirts!

BTW...even on freshly shaved pits there's no stinging!!! yippee!

mcleodnaturals

That does look nice, but how much baking soda did tabitha recommend and where can I find that information?

I have everything but the grapefruit seed extract. Do you think I can replace it with something, or leave it out completely?

mcleodnaturals said:
okay, i've tried out the herbal deo stick and it really works great! i have to admit i was skeptical at first because i keep trying different "natural" deodorants from the store and they just don't work that well...but this one ROCKS!!!

I'm definately adding this one to my product line!!!

I highly recommend everyone make this one NOW!
:D

Do you sell this one yet? I'd be interested in giving it a try but have NO time to make it. :cry:

mandolyn said:
Does this leave oil stains on your clothes?
No but you have to allow it to dry before putting any clothes on. I think my recipe needed more baking soda.

Updates?

Any new updates on that deoderant you tried? Anyone added the baking soda to the Mcleod's recipe? What about the ground up salt? My father and mother have been doing Kelation (sp) now and also have been getting their blood tested for metals and such. They are through the roof on aluminum. And he's really wanting me to try my hand at making deoderant for him. I am already using aluminum-free baking ingredients when cooking and baking. And he is big on tea tree oil. So I'm super interested in what you guys have found out these past few months! :D

Back