Introduction of another newbie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone and thanks for having me. I have a friend who has been making and selling CP soaps for years but her health has deteriorated to the point that she can no longer make the soaps. She has graciously been teaching this wonderful craft to me and I am learning so much. I research so that I can better understand the things I am learning and have also been able to help her learn a few new things along the way. She says it is a win for us both and I agree! I look forward to learning and sharing along with all of you.
I live in the beautiful state of Oregon and am self employed. I have a passion for learning and creating. I hope to make many new friends here in this wonderful world of soaping!

:bunny:

Hello and welcome! Soap is a lot of fun and it is a great way to spend time and share skills with the people we love. I first started making soap with my Dad when I was in high school. It's great you have the opportunity to both share and learn with your close friend.

Warmly,
Allie

Hi everyone and thanks for having me. I have a friend who has been making and selling CP soaps for years but her health has deteriorated to the point that she can no longer make the soaps. She has graciously been teaching this wonderful craft to me and I am learning so much. I research so that I can better understand the things I am learning and have also been able to help her learn a few new things along the way. She says it is a win for us both and I agree! I look forward to learning and sharing along with all of you.
I live in the beautiful state of Oregon and am self employed. I have a passion for learning and creating. I hope to make many new friends here in this wonderful world of soaping!

Perhaps I'm just weepy today; this little anecdote was touching in so many ways. So sorry about your friend's health issues. It's beautiful that you're carrying on her craft and artistry. Welcome!

BTW - how does one refer to a person from Oregon? Oregonon, Oregoneon, Oregonite? (Don't know why I started wondering that. Maybe because my "stay focused" coffee mug just broke.) :)

Back