Felted cat cave

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKjulz

Reaction score
Here is the latest cat cave I made. The flowers are mawata (silk hankies) that I dyed. I haven't felted with those yet so it was a fun and successful experiment. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1502001627.745400.jpg

That looks awesome! I made an attempt to make a felted cat cave. It turned out too small, so I cut the top off and now it's a bed. The cats like it, so it's not entirely a loss. I can't seem to find the tutorial for how I made it though, and it's been long enough that I've forgotten, and when I tried again I couldn't get the wool to felt together.

Kittish, if you ever want to try again there are several videos on YouTube that may help. LivingFelt.com also has a great downloadable tutorial. I'm sure your kitty loves it's wool bed, way to salvage it!!

...I cut the top off and now it's a bed. The cats like it, so it's not entirely a loss. I can't seem to find the tutorial for how I made it though...

I think you're one of quite a few people who find their cats like to sleep on the smooshed down cave, rather than in it. :)

Sally Gulbrandsen does really nice tutes for felted projects, so you might find some inspiration from her ideas. I know she has at least one for making cat caves. She's on HubPages -- here's her page http://hubpages.com/@sallybea

I think you're one of quite a few people who find their cats like to sleep on the smooshed down cave, rather than in it. :)

Sally Gulbrandsen does really nice tutes for felted projects, so you might find some inspiration from her ideas. I know she has at least one for making cat caves. She's on HubPages -- here's her page http://hubpages.com/@sallybea

I tried doing the smoosh it sorta flat thing first, before I cut the top off. It sat around for nearly a month, and neither cat would so much as look at it. Cut the top off and Bam! They both started using it.

I'll check out that link, thank you.

Back