My table setup...any advice before I do bigger shows?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would hate my booth as well. I keep a lot of product out and have never had anything swiped in 4 years of selling. I too have walked by a table that looked bare and picked over.

I suppose people are drawn to different things. When I walk by a cluttered table and nothing immediately catches my eye, I keep walking. Good to know that no one else's products get swiped.

There was a booth I saw selling beeswax type stuff. To me, it looked like three candles and a sign up sheet to be spammed with emails. No thanks. The first thing I thought was, "That's it? Only three candles? There's nothing interesting here to look at!" Kept walking.

I suppose people are drawn to different things. When I walk by a cluttered table and nothing immediately catches my eye, I keep walking. Good to know that no one else's products get swiped.
I love Jadelilly's new setup. It is clean looking organized and easy to see what the products are available. Having a lot of product out does not have to mean clutter. If it is organized properly and grouped properly it is easy to see what is on the table. To much decoration can add to the cluttered look. I let my signs and labels be my main decor. During the holidays I scatter a few Christmas decorations throughout my tables. I may use a reindeer for a backdrop to help hold up some bottles that will not stand up properly. Since I do so much packing and unpacking I prefer to shrink wrap all bottles to keep them and they will not always stand up well.

Wow, I love to see pics of the evolution of a craft fair table. I love the new set up. You manage to have a lot of product on the table, without it looking cluttered. It looks very clean and organized. I'd definitely be drawn over to take a look. One suggestion....might it be possible to paint the display box on the right, the same color green as the one on the left? I just think it might look more cohesive, and then again, I just love the color green. Also, you mentioned the possibility of getting your name and logo put on your table covering. I'm thinking you might be better off with a banner. I've never checked, but I'm imagining what you're talking about is not inexpensive. So what happens if your table covering gets torn, or stained, or you just want to change the color? I use a 6 foot banner that I tape with clear packing tape, just three pieces, to the front of my table. This way, if anything happens to my table cover, or I just decide to change it, I still have the banner to use. All in all, I think you have a nice set up, there. Good job!

Latest posts

Back