Soaping Seminars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngian

Reaction score
I'm happy to announce you that these days my first seminars about cold process NaOH bar and Glycerine Liquid KOH soap were completed.

I was the lecturer and I enjoyed it very much as I had time to talk about soap and make soap more often (twice a week) :)

I really enjoy the soap lecturing as it also helps me understand better the information around soap and search even more to learn and share every aspect of it. Somehow here or on various facebook pages helping other people with advice and experiences is about the same.

The soap seminars were 4 days total (3 hours each day) where I talked and made NaOH soaps the first 3 days and GLS on the 4th day.

The main sections where about how soap works generally as a cleaning product, the importance of water in a recipe and how hard water affects the ability of soap to clean, how fatty acids affect soap properties and which are the FAs families that interest soap, and some technical issues such as trace, DOS, soda ash, pH and gel phase. On the 4th day liquid soap had its glory as everyone loved it especially those who have made liquid soap the boiling 3-4 hours way, and really where excited that in 3 hours time they left with some paste (in order to dilute it at home) and some ready liquid soap, in contrast with NaOH bar that they must wait 2 months max in order to use them.

I really want to thank many people here that helped me gain more knowledge (and keep sharing knowledge upon soap) such as IrishLass, DeeAnna, Susie, galaxyMLP, topofmurrayhill, LBussy and many many others that share their knowledge and experiences with us here and of course Kevin's Dunn lectures and his book as it has provided the soaping community with scientific evidence everything that has to do with soap.

It was great seeing people learn all the basic stuff around soap in a way that "I teach them how to fish so as to feed them for a lifetime"...

:)

Last edited:
Teaching people how to do something is a heady experience. Especially when you see them go out and do it successfully.

Congratulations! I am very proud to have played a small role in helping you get the knowledge to go teach others!

Congratulations. I'm sure you were an excellent teacher. It must have been fun to talk about soap for four days with people who actually want to hear it.

Back