Odorant

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapfan2012

Reaction score
:wave: :arrow:
Hallo everyone, I am new here
I tried myself in soap making a couple of times, and realized that I am more into the nice smell rather the functionality of the soap.
Could anyone suggest me a craft how I can make ‘things’ that just give odor (but also look nice and maybe also functional)
thanks

Hello and welcome. Please be sure not to post the same question in more than one forum topic. It makes it extremely confusing for those who choose to respond. As for other things that you can do for just fragrance, you could do solid perfumes, roll-on perfumes.

Is Melt & Pour base available where you live? Fragrance will hold up in this base much better than cold process soap, and it is also a great for making decorative soaps. I think that hot process would also be a better option for retaining the scent, but the soap will have a more rustic look.

Candles. Room air freshener sprays. Potpourri. Reed diffusers. Scented note paper and greeting cards.

About.com is another good resource for ideas along this line. Good luck!

Hi Soapfan- welcome back- it's been awhile! :wave:

My favorite things to make just for the sake of the smell are wax melts, room sprays, and/or little organza bags filled with scented potpourri.

IrishLass :)

Is Melt & Pour base available where you live? Fragrance will hold up in this base much better than cold process soap, and it is also a great for making decorative soaps. I think that hot process would also be a better option for retaining the scent, but the soap will have a more rustic look.
do you think a regular cold process plain soap will do if I prepare it for melt and pour base

:thumbup: thanks everyone,
could anyone suggest a forum for potpourri, I think it is something to try for the beginning.

Hello and welcome. Please be sure not to post the same question in more than one forum topic. It makes it extremely confusing for those who choose to respond. As for other things that you can do for just fragrance, you could do solid perfumes, roll-on perfumes.

Thank you and sorry for the confusion.
can you give me a link to solid perfumes?
thanks

do you think a regular cold process plain soap will do if I prepare it for melt and pour base

:thumbup: thanks everyone,
could anyone suggest a forum for potpourri, I think it is something to try for the beginning.

Thank you and sorry for the confusion.
can you give me a link to solid perfumes?
thanks

Check out Wholesale Supplies Plus website under recipes. They have a bunch of ideas. Solid perfume and roll-on as well as other suggestions and recipes. I started with one of theirs and tweaked it to my liking.

Latest posts

Back