Type of candle wax that looks like Hot Process soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goji_fries

Reaction score
I saw some high end candles yesterday that looked and felt like a rough HP soap. Anyone know what type of wax or addtives this may be?

Do you have a link or name to google? Without seeing them it's tough to take a rough guess.

:)

They might have added a very small amount of crystalline wax to a soy blend. I messed up some like that and it was an interesting texture.

I saw that same thing today and they were mia bella or something like that. They were palm wax and supposedly burn without smoke and hold frag very well. They weren't burning at this outdoor market but did smell very good. I was going to post where do you get palm wax from in a post.

YES!!

That is what palm wax looks like. Both kinds of the wax, pillar and container have that crystallized look. I have not yet made any palm wax pillars, but the few containers I have made are lovely with good burning and good scent throw. I was just in the testing phase, but I have palm wax on my list to purchase more when I buy from Candlewic again.

The pillars I have seen other chandlers make are beautiful.

Latest posts

Back