Label Opinions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what program did you design in.

It looks much better. If you still have a mind to tweak you might want to try this to balance the visual weight between the branding and individual soap name.

If you are using a program that lets you have a fill and and outline and your Script typing does not already have an outline you can add an outline in the same color as the fill. (start with a .25 pt. stroke, experiment until it looks right. This will make it appear more bold. The other thing is you could try changing the opacity of the serif font that you are using for the individual soap name. This might lighten the stroke of the second font and let the Script appear bolder.

Last edited:
what program did you design in.

It looks much better. If you still have a mind to tweak you might want to try this to balance the visual weight between the branding and individual soap name.

If you are using a program that lets you have a fill and and outline and your Script typing does not already have an outline you can add an outline in the same color as the fill. (start with a .25 pt. stroke, experiment until it looks right. This will make it appear more bold. The other thing is you could try changing the opacity of the serif font that you are using for the individual soap name. This might lighten the stroke of the second font and let the Script appear bolder.

I use Microsoft Word lol. Not most high tech lable maker but it's what I know. I'll keep piddling.

Here's a picture of a new, new label on soap.

1429302738183.jpg

Well now I've done it.... I got to playing around on PicMonkey amking signs for my booth and found a font combination I like. I had absolutely no intention of changing my fonts, but what do you think of this? lol

Screenshot (6).jpg

Hope my comment doesn't come off as rude, I like the latest font of your brand but with the scent and the Artisan Soap I would go back to probably the one on honeysuckle soap. I think they gel better together. The background with the chipping blue paint is distracting to me in a not very nice way. May be I have a different sense of Rustic, but I would prefer old uneven wood without any paint or if you take the chipping out of the paint it would be a very pretty design. That's just my opinion.

Hope my comment doesn't come off as rude, I like the latest font of your brand but with the scent and the Artisan Soap I would go back to probably the one on honeysuckle soap. I think they gel better together. The background with the chipping blue paint is distracting to me in a not very nice way. May be I have a different sense of Rustic, but I would prefer old uneven wood without any paint or if you take the chipping out of the paint it would be a very pretty design. That's just my opinion.

You think these fonts look better together? I have to admit, looking at the two side by side, the one above looks slightly childish or girly to me. Perhaps not quite my target market.

Screenshot (8).jpg

Yes, they definitely look better, but frankly I liked the font on your honeysuckle soap the best. I chose otherwise because some were concerned about the readability of this font. For me it wasn't a problem.

That's kind of why I was looking to different fonts. I like the other better as well well think, but some mentioned the readability being a problem.

That's kind of why I was looking to different fonts. I like the other better as well well think, but some mentioned the readability being a problem.

May be it is time to go to your testers with those two labels side by side, since I am guessing you are down to those two options. If so, you could just ask them to compare. Which one you pick only matters to your first time customers I believe as your repeat customers are only coming back for what's wrapped within.

You think these fonts look better together? I have to admit, looking at the two side by side, the one above looks slightly childish or girly to me. Perhaps not quite my target market.

I like the new font for the Rustic Silk Soap Brand and the Honeysuckle font for the name of the soap selection.

Bumping this as I'm not quite happy with the look of the new label yet. What do you think of these suggestions? I apologize for the bad pic. My phone and my kitchen light don't seem to agree at the moment.

1433130209948.jpg

I like the top left best. Both fonts go together well and look nice and suit the theme. Bottom left the bold looks too bold and a bit blurry, I don't like the font of the soap scent in the bottom two, it's too blocky and doesn't fit with the curvy rustic silk font. Just my personal opinion though, not trying to be nasty or anything!

Latest posts

Back