Essential essential oils?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
I know I saw this question asked awhile back, but I can't find the post! :(

Up until now I've scented the majority of my CP soap with fragrance oils. I've used EO's in a few soaps but have never gotten into blending or anything.

I'd like to start making more EO soaps and learning which EO's blend well together.

I'm about to place a new order for EO's and FO's, so I thought I'd ask here first which essential oils do you think are "essential"? Which ones do you think are most popular? Blends too!

Thank you so much! :)

Lavender, litsea, peppermint, spearmint, sweet orange, rosemary, cedarwood

those are my staples

AshleyR said:
I know I saw this question asked awhile back, but I can't find the post! :(

Up until now I've scented the majority of my CP soap with fragrance oils. I've used EO's in a few soaps but have never gotten into blending or anything.

I'd like to start making more EO soaps and learning which EO's blend well together.

I'm about to place a new order for EO's and FO's, so I thought I'd ask here first which essential oils do you think are "essential"? Which ones do you think are most popular? Blends too!

Thank you so much! :)

someone posted a linf to a great website about blending ess. oils, i think it under the essential oil forum.

7053joanne said:
Lavender, litsea, peppermint, spearmint, sweet orange, rosemary, cedarwood

those are my staples

x2 8) plus lemon EO. I LOVE LOVE LOVE lemon! It has so many great properties!

personally I love sweet orange, peppermint, and black cherry vanilla (I'm just going from candle scents and soaps I've bought in the past).

I'm sure there are more too.
And sometimes, you just want the plain clean, no fragrance

Jola said:
personally I love sweet orange, peppermint, and black cherry vanilla (I'm just going from candle scents and soaps I've bought in the past).

I'm sure there are more too.
And sometimes, you just want the plain clean, no fragrance
black cherry isnt a eo is it?

Latest posts

Back