Bubbles in Container Candles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrywilson

Reaction score
Hello Becky, I am quite new to making candles myself but I am having the same problem I am heating up my containers with a heat gun and we still seem to be experiencing larger air pockets once the candle cools. I was wandering if it had anyhting to do with my fragrance but I used the recommended amount. Does anyone else out there know what could be causing this problem. I am using 100% CB Container Soy Way and Alabaster Vegetable Color Dye Blocks and also Alabaster Fragrance? Any help or advice I'm sure would help us both. Thanks, Sherry

The fo would not be the cause of this. There are a number of things it could be.

There is no need to IMO to heat your container. Others do it but I don't. You might be getting the airbubbles in when you are stirring your fragrance in. Try using a metal whisk. Once you get the fo incorporated in, let it wit while the wax cools and only give you wax a gentle just prior to pouring. You could also be getting the air bubbles when you pour if you pour too fast. Overheating your wax is another culprit.

If necessary, you can poke some relief holes and do a repour.

HTH

Latest posts

Back