For Dorymae- laugencroissants

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple of addendums to include:

1) Y'all need to try the laugencroissants rolled up with chocolate inside. Seriously, you really, really do. I didn't think they could be more awesome than they already were, but I was very, very wrong. I rolled some up with about 1.5 to 2 teaspoons Nestle semi-sweet chocolate morsels sprinkled inside, and WOW! That's all I can say.....just WOW! Well, okay.... maybe YUM!, too! lol

2) I tried making laugencroissants (and regular croissants) today with some dough I had made via the 'quick method' (used the popular online recipe for '20-minute croissants'), and I just wanted to say that they can't hold a candle (or even a weakly glowing wick) to the 2 batches of croissants that I've made using Jeffrey Hamelman's recipe along with the traditional lamination method. I guess there's something to be said for certain traditional methods....some of them just can't be improved upon.

Don't get me wrong- the laugencroissants and croissants I made with the 'quick method' made for some good, tasty bread, but that's all they ended up being, though...just tasty bread. In other words, they are not croissants, if you know what I mean. lol

Needless to say, I will be sticking with Hamelman's recipe and laminating it the traditional, 'old school' way from now on.

IrishLass :)

Omg chocolate filled croissants! I think I gained 5 lbs just thinking of it! Definitely going to try that. Hmmm I bet Nutella would make an awesome filling too!

Back