Soaping again after a break

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkCupcake

Reaction score
My life got a little overwhelming for the last month or two, and yesterday was the first batch of soap I have made in about 6 weeks. It felt so good to be soaping again!

But the reasons I couldn't soap were good, too, just not timed very well. I took a catering order for 100 cupcakes with piped white chocolate owls (I will try to attach a pic) to be made 10 days before I left town to get married! The cupcakes were made at home, so I could only do a dozen or so at a time, so this stretched out for a while. The wedding was small, just the two of us (we have been together for 16 years), but there was still a lot to do before leaving town for a week.

Soap pics to come when I get it cut, maybe this afternoon.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Wow, 16 years, bet there were times you never thought the day would come. Well, we want pics. Of the owls AND the wedding, even if just your first couple selfie.

I envy your small wedding. That's about what I wanted too (plus parents for witness). But others didn't like that idea and basically invited themselves. Then the whole thing kind of blew up before we knew what hit us we had about 50 people there -- still small enough to piss off even more people than what we had originally intended. Oh well. It's all done now and I got a great man out of the deal so I try not to complain about it too much anymore :p

My ginger ale soap loaf. I tried to cut it, but it's a little sticky. Not unusual for me. My soaps tend to be slow to trace, and slow to harden. I think the soap is teaching me patience. :p

Ginger Ale soap uncut.jpg

Congratulations on your nuptials as well. My DH and I waited 12 yrs to get married. We are both older and no plans for children, so it didn't really seem that important. Well after a year and a half long battle with colon cancer 3 yrs ago, he was 43 at the time, we decided life is too short. It's a wonderful feeling getting to know my best friend is coming home every night and I am proud to be his wife. Many years of joy and happiness to you both, Cindy

That soap is STUNNING. I love love love the small mica accents! And congratulations on your wedding.

BTW, do you watch "Face Off"? It's a show on SyFy channel and the contestants do movie make ups. One of the contestants this season is a cake decorator! She used a piping back to pipe veins onto one of her models. It was really cool!
http://www.syfy.com/faceoff/contestants/dina_cimarusti

Dixiedragon, I haven't watched the show, but I have seen the ads for it. I'll have to check it out. That sounds really cool.

Back