What have you read and what are you reading?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is great for adding things to my reading list. Between tons of books to read, tons of stitching projects and lots of soap and b&b project I'll never be bored! Now I just need to figure out where to find extra hours in the day.

I also liked DJ molles the remaining series. Its more of a zombie/ apocalyptic series

If you like urban fantasy, Kate Danley is one you need to check out. Read one of hers(not the first, oops), and bought the rest of the series.

Last edited:
I'm a huge bookworm! If I'm not crafting, I have my nose in a book. My fiction passions are Amish romances, historically accurate tales ( War&Peace and North&South multiple times in primary and secondary school; Ancient Rome and medieval era as an adult) and anything by Nicholas Sparks. As for non-fiction, my love lies in Ancient Egypt, but I'll read anything historical that strikes the 'need to hear more' chord. :)

If you like urban fantasy, Kate Danley is one you need to check out. Read one of hers(not the first, oops), and bought the rest of the series.

I just looked her up on Amazon and discovered that I have her first book (free) on my Kindle! I need to figure out a way to organize what I want to read next.

I have my Kindle set up with collections. Each collection is a different author, some authors have more than one collection if they have multiple series. Every book that I get in, I read THEN add to the collection. Whatever is left is what I have not read yet. HTH

I'm a huge huge reader.. but historical romance only. I tried a mystery once and it was ok and my brother broke me down after 6 months of pestering and I ready Harry Potter.. also ok but I wasnt pushed to read book #2+.

Have you read the Outlander series? I'm on book 5, I love them!

Terry Brooks, Tolkien, and Roger Zelazny are my favorite authors. Working my way through the Shannara series right now. Finished the original trilogy.

Oh, can't forget Douglas Adams --

I figured out one of the reasons why I don't usually read fiction: I can't put the darn book down!
I picked up a random read at a thrift store last week and finished it in 6 days (that's quick for me these days). It was called "A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian." Not even half as dull as it sounds :)

I can relate. Cookbooks are my other shameful secret. I may never make a single thing from it, but I darn sure will read it cover to cover.

We have a great collection of cookbooks. Unfortunately, when I want a recipe I usually end up searching online since I don't have the patience to go through the books to find what I want to make. I probably have 50 free cookbooks on my Kindle too. I try to weed out the collection in the kitchen, but then I see all of the cool recipes I want to make "someday".

I can relate. Cookbooks are my other shameful secret. I may never make a single thing from it, but I darn sure will read it cover to cover.

Ooh, I have a weakness for cookbooks too...but, also like Jencat, I end up looking online for recipes and don't bother looking through my piles of books :)

I LOVE cookbooks...especially if there are pictures. I sometimes take them to bed and read well into the night. I make all these elaborate
plans to cook something I haven't tried before. However, I find that when it comes to making a choice between a "gourmet" dinner or
making soap, soap always wins.
I really have to clean up my act and start cooking a little more special for my more than understanding husband!

Yep the mr x is a bit distracting. But all in all the books get better as they go, maybe because you are more invested in the characters. Like I said I am not normally a romance type chick.. I typically like my fiction terrifying and filled with horror. :) I was just happy to have a series to read that my friends didn't cringe when I talked about them

I finished this series a little while ago. I really enjoyed the "evolution" of the war with the lessening society. like someone said in one of the earlier posts, when I finished the series I was saddened to be saying goodbye to all the characters.

I tried to read the Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K Hamilton but I got bored with the repetitiveness of it after the 5th or 6th book.

Currently I am reading Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed Series. Kinda like BDB but not. I am enjoying it so far :D

Latest posts

Back