In Shower Lotion Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been reviewing all my products for compliance with MOCRA. BTMS-50 has a restriction on usage based on the active ingredient Behentrimonium Methosulfate. I have a fabulous lotion bar but the BTMS-50 is way too high (like >70 % when allowable is more like 8%). I'm struggling with finding an ingredient combination that is MOCRA compliant and that doesn't leave the in-shower lotion bar waxy. Have you tried anything else besides BTMS?
This thread is from 2017; most of the people in this thread are no longer active in the forum.

I've been reviewing all my products for compliance with MOCRA. BTMS-50 has a restriction on usage based on the active ingredient Behentrimonium Methosulfate. I have a fabulous lotion bar but the BTMS-50 is way too high (like >70 % when allowable is more like 8%). I'm struggling with finding an ingredient combination that is MOCRA compliant and that doesn't leave the in-shower lotion bar waxy. Have you tried anything else besides BTMS?
Can you provide a link to where you found that limitation? I poked around a bit but wasn't finding anything.

Latest posts

Back