Yummy Coconut

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcornett

Reaction score
Been soap making for about 8 years, so I'm experienced enough to know it's virtually impossible to find a good coconut fragrance. I like the Coconut Milk from Peak, but I'm hoping to get some advice from fellow soapers on what coconut fo they like. I want a coconut that smells like yummy sweet coconut, and not some island fragrance or suntan lotion. Just a good strong coconut. Does it exist?

Thanks for the link. I know we had a similar discussion several years ago on here, but I was hoping in that time that someone somewhere had created a wonderful scent that didn't fade away. :) I may have to give Caribbean Coconut from ss.net a try. I've used them for years, there are several fragrances that I get from her, but I've never tried that one.

Last edited:
I would really love to do some kind of FO sample swap. For example, choose Coconut and everybody make soap with the coconut FO (or FOs) that they have. Mail out small samples - maybe 1 oz or so. Just enough for people to smell the FO. The point would be to smell the FO, not to do anything fancy. I particularly want to do it with coconut and vanilla.

One trick I've seen is to anchor coconut FOs and coconut milk additives with Ylang Ylang III. My local health shop sells a horrible 100% palm oil soap, with coconut milk and Ylang Ylang EO, and while I'd be skeptical abou the other qualities of the soap, it did smell divinely coconutty on the shelf :)

Back